Monday, July 24, 2017

Sunday: Today Elder Findlay and I taught priesthood. It went really well. We taught about the reason we have personal apostasy and how we need to then have personal restoration. Also, how there is a large part that most people forget about in the repentance process, which is a very large part, that's forgiving yourself as well, because your opinion is not better than God's. It was really awesome and super spiritual. 

Monday: Elder Misseldine's last day, RIP. We also taught our new investigator (TRC) for the first time. It went pretty well. He said he'd get baptized if he knows it's all true. We also taught our other investigator Tamara; Elder Findlay didn't think it went very well but oh well... 

Tuesday: Tuesdays are always pretty fun. Hermano Morgan kinda guilt tripped us into working a little harder which we probably should do :/ We had a devotional that was pretty good. The guy was all over the place unfortunately. Elder Misseldine had left early that morning as well which really sucked. So what Elder Hicks and Elder Jflo did, was we got into his old room, because they never closed the door. So we took a part one of the beds and built a TRIPLE BUNK BED and then cleaned the room and got it all set up for the new missionaries.

Wednesday:That morning while I'm shaving I see that Misseldine's old room is open even though we locked it. I go in and act all surprised when I see it. All these other missionaries trying to take it apart and everything and they're all like man this floor is so cool, these elders are awesome. They were struggling pretty hard so me and the guys that did it offered to help, but we didn't tell them it was us. They were like "you guys are retarded" so we decided to not tell them how to take it apart and left to get breakfast. It took them about 3 more hours to get all the way done and it only took us about 20 minutes to make it. Do I feel bad? No. Why? Because we offered to basically do it for them and they insulted us instead. Other than that today was super chill. We mostly sat around and got to just do our own thing. Misseldine was gone and so that was sad. Everyone misses him a lot. 

Thursday: Today not a lot happened but I did almost have a nervous break down in class, which kinda sucked, because I can't speak Spanish. We also taught our investigator Marco for the second time. I literally sat there like an idiot and drew the plan of salvation and gave it to him while my companion talked to him. 

Friday: It's P-day eve!! We taught Marco today and i was really nervous because I haven't really learned any Spanish at all since the last time I taught him, but today I just opened my mouth and spoke some of the worst Spanglish ever. He kinda understood where I was going, and the lesson went really well! We felt pumped and we also had to teach Tamara and that went really well! It was probably our best lesson ever. Also, our teacher Hermana Alletto was having a rough day. I didn't know that till after class and so after class I went and apologized to her for being so frustrating. I put my whole heart into it and she just looked at me, tilted her head, and said "como?" Which is like "huh?" in Spanish because I apologized in English (she speaks English shes from Utah).  I wanted to throw the chair at her face because she says that to me every time I speak English. 

Here's some pics from the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment