Saturday, July 15, 2017

     Last Saturday was a P-day and it was pretty legit. I hung out with the Finnish missionaries and that was a lot of fun. We memorized Alma 26:12 (I picked the scripture) in Finnish. WE ALSO SANG FINLANDIA HYMNI which was super amazing. P- day was pretty great, super laid back and fun. 

SundaySunday was easily the hardest day for me here. I was feeling really down on my self. I was feeling out of place, like I didn't belong, and I was having trouble feeling the spirit, and just all around hating my self. We watched this video in the MTC called "Character of Christ". It's an MTC exclusive and it was easily by far the greatest video I have ever seen, but I was having trouble feeling the spirit during it, like truly feeling it. So during the video i was basically praying the whole time. I was also planning on asking for a priesthood blessing. After the video when we all got back to our dorms I went up to Elder Misseldine and asked him if he could give me a blessing. He asked me whats up, so we walked around and talked, then we went back into his room and i talked with him and his companion Elder Sager.  We talked for a while. Then when we got done talking, Elder Misseldine and Elder Sager and Elder Sevy (another elder in the room) gave me a priesthood blessing. It was WORD FOR WORD what i had been praying for during the video! It truly was a sign from my Heavenly Father telling me he loves me and everyone else. That strengthened my testimony so strongly. There was no way Elder Misseldine could have been able to say word for word what I had been asking for. We truly are instruments in his hands.

Monday: It went pretty well really. I felt the spirit the whole day. I was able to focus better in class and our lesson with our investigator went really well. I was able to talk with her in Spanish way better. I was also part of a priesthood blessing that day which was awesome, super spiritual. 

Tuesday: I probably haven't laughed in my whole life as much as i did today it was insane! We went to this devotional that literally had  everyone in my district confused. Also about 40% of the MTC was asleep within the first 15 minutes of the devotional. The guy was talking with such a crazy vocabulary, he made Isaiah look like Dr. Seuss. 

Wednesday: The new recruits came in today. They're full of spirit still and excitement. That will change. They always do... Actually they're all really cool. One of them is missing a leg. He got cancer quite a few years back but they some how took his foot and put it back on BACKWARDS!! *see picture for details*  our investigator Tamara said she'll pray that night, and if she gets an answer she'll get baptized. 

Thursday: We had a zone kickball tournament, the Oldies vs. the Newbies. It was pretty even, but i think we won, but I'm not sure. Our lesson was okay, she did pray but didn't feel anything :/ So that kinda sucked. My companion kinda died a little bit from that. 

Friday: P-Day Eve! Was super great. We got a new teacher to teach us and she's really good. Friday was super laid back. We didn't have to Teach our investigator, which was nice cause she was really annoying to teach because she refused to work with us. It was also "pass down night" on our floor. That's when the missionaries that are leaving pass down the things they were passed down. It was really cool but sadly Elder Misseldine is now leaving :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment