Sunday, October 29, 2017

This blog was from October 2, 2017

Oh super cool thing happened this week. We were just walking at night super far away from our house and we had just picked up our churros (we get churros every Monday and Thursday from this one churro truck). We were walking home to do some language study. I was like "Hey let's go see Pablo (this one drug addict who's basically given up on life) We were pretty close to his house (his mom is a convert and he lives in the house behind hers) and they have a gate and pit bull and I knew the mom wasn't home but I just felt like I should go talk to Pablo, so I just opened their gate and walked around Coco the dog and walked back there. My comp was like "Elder Helske! You're trespassing! We can get in trouble!" But I just yelled back "Nah, we're fine! They love us!" I walked back there and found him. I gave him a churro and asked if we could come inside and share a scripture with him. He said "Yes" with a mouth full of churro and then I shared with them 1st Nephi 3:7 (yeah I went old school one them) and promised them (he has a roommate) that they can get over any problem doesn't matter what it is, with these 3 steps they can overcome any problem! Step 1 pray for strength when tempted Step 2 read daily for strength Step 3 go to church on Sunday for tons of strength because its a commandment of God, and the more commandments we keep, the more blessings we get. Commandments aren't rules, they're blessings!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment